It’s kind of that time of year when you just need a bit of sugar and the kids are hammering your brain…
Daddy can we do baking, Daddy can we do baking, Daddy can we do baking…..
Yes of course we f$@/ing can!!!!! Don’t worry I don’t really swear at this point.
So we always bake egg free, as my son is allergic to eggs. We DO NOT want an episode of red spots and a rash.
So for the cupcakes, without eggs they never rise quite as well as those with eggs. So don’t worry if they don’t turn out quite as well as you wanted. They do taste great though. I’ve tried loads of recipes, but an egg replacer definately gives you the best cake. However this recipe is the best if you don’t have egg replacer.
(Excuse the dodgy icing, you’ve got to let the kids do it…)
The cookies are even easier to make, and these are really good for kids. You can just blob them on a tray and they turn out alright in the end. (I think)
After a bit of icing and they’re separated, it’s all good!!
This is how to make these:
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 125g Butter
- 125g Soft brown sugar
- Chocolate chips. I used white chocolate for these for a different taste to the usual milk chocolate
- Golden syrup
- Combine the flour and margarine/butter in a bowl and using your fingertips make into a crumbly texture. Definately the kids favourite bit.
- Add the sugar, golden syrup and chocolate and stir into a paste like texture.
- Combine these into small balls and place on a baking tray with parchment paper on it.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius, being careful not to burn the cookies. Then you can make some icing as with the cakes and hey presto!